There are several ways to utilize an empty wall in your bedroom:
- Break it up with furniture, such as a tall bookcase or an upright cabinet.
- Install a mural or large piece of artwork.
- Use a leaning mirror to make the room feel bigger and brighter.
- Install floating shelves for displaying decorative items or books.
- Create a gallery wall with a mix of framed pictures, art pieces, and other decorative elements.
- Place a wall-mounted bedside shelf to save floor space and provide storage for essentials.
- Incorporate a multi-functional headboard with built-in storage.
Choose the option that best suits your room’s size, style, and personal preferences.
What Types Of Furniture Work Best For Breaking Up An Empty Wall In A Bedroom?
There are several furniture and decor options that can work well for breaking up an empty wall in a bedroom:
- Large wall art
- Gallery wall
- Built-in bookshelves
- Large mirrors
- Other decor items such as vintage maps, wall sconces, or clipboards
How Can You Choose The Right Artwork Or Mural For A Bedroom Wall?
To choose the right artwork or mural for a bedroom wall, consider the following tips:
- Choose artwork that reflects your personal style and emotional connection
- Invest in large-scale, one-of-a-kind pieces that make a statement
- Consider calming colours and natural tones that create a relaxing atmosphere
- Avoid pieces that are too overwhelming in design or hue
- For wall murals, choose a design that complements the bedroom’s decor and style
- Consider the mood you want to create in the bedroom and choose artwork that reflects it
Are There Any Tips For Arranging A Gallery Wall In A Bedroom?
Yes, there are several tips for arranging a gallery wall in a bedroom:
- Use a ruler to guide your placement and aim for 3-6 inches between each piece of wall art and around all sides of the frames.
Arrange larger art with more space between frames, and group smaller artwork closer together.
Also, leave plenty of space between the frames, trim, and moulding, so the gallery has room to breathe.
- Start by placing your biggest pieces first, and build around them.
Place the biggest piece in one of the four outer corners of the gallery wall.
- Gallery walls generally look best when they feature pieces of all different sizes.
Pick 1-3 larger pieces and fill the rest in with small and medium-sized pieces.
- Keep the entire collection between two-thirds to four-fifths of the size of the wall to ensure your art piece fits on the wall perfectly.
- Start with the largest piece in the middle and add more pieces around it, keeping an eye on the balance of materials and colour and visual flow from one piece to another.
What Are Some Creative Ideas For Using Floating Shelves To Decorate A Bedroom Wall?
There are many creative ideas for using floating shelves to decorate a bedroom wall.
Here are some suggestions:
- Use floating shelves to display books, photos, or artwork
- Add plants to the shelves to bring life to the design
- Create a row of shelves and allow each one to illuminate the other with lighting
- Use floating shelves to display decorative objects such as vases, candles, or sculptures
- Install floating shelves in a unique pattern or shape, such as a zigzag or hexagon
- Use floating shelves to create a functional workspace by adding a desk surface and storage
Can You Recommend Any Specific Wall-Mounted Bedside Shelves Or Multi-Functional Headboards For A Small Bedroom?
Yes, there are several options for wall-mounted bedside shelves or multi-functional headboards for a small bedroom.
Here are some recommendations:
- Bright Life Bedside Shelf Bedroom Dorm Room Rack Organizer Storage
- Wall Bedside Shelf from Etsy
- Rustic Floating Nightstand Wall Mount from Walmart
- Wall-mounted bedside table with drawers from Archiproducts
- Wall-mounted cabinets and nightstands from Apartment Therapy